E- learning (e-lefENT)
The Official British Association of Otorhinolaryngologists e-learning platform has recently been launched and provides and fantastic and comprehensive knowledge bank.
The ASCENT Online Question Bank
The ASCENT stands for Advancing Student/Foundation doctor Collaborations in ENT. They provide an online question bank and flashcards
entsho.com offers accessible ENT know-how aimed at SHOs working in ENT or Accident and Emergency medicine.
Dr Hawke's Online Ear Atlas
A bank of images ranging showing normal tympanic membranes and important pathology. A great way of learning what you might see when performing otoscopy.
Dr Ghorayeb's Online Picture Repository
Another value online picture database.
Live International Otology Network (LION)
The Live International Otorhinolaryngology Network LION) hosts and stores webcasts of live otology surgery.
The Otolaryngologist Journal
The Otorhinolaryngologist is the official publication of the Young Consultant Otolaryngologists and Head and Neck Surgeons (YCOHNS) and the Association of Otolaryngolists in Training (AOT). This journal provides ENT specialists with online e-Learning on clinical reviews, case reports and operative techniques.
Useful ENT texts
- ENT: An Introduction and Practical Guide
- Oxford Handbook of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- ENT Secrets: question and answer format
- Colour Atlas of ENT Diagnosis
- Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Scott-Brown’s Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Cummings Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery