ENT UK is the professional membership body representing ear, nose and throat surgery and head, neck and thyroid surgery in the UK. We support members at every stage of their careers – a total of more than 2,300 ENT healthcare professionals and medical practitioners.
We are the leading voice of the specialty and a valuable source of medical information for patients as well as practitioners. ENT UK proudly supports research, provides education for specialists and champions high standards in training. In all of our professional activities we seek to improve the care available to patients suffering from conditions of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck.
Objectives and mission
Our stated objectives are "the advancement for the public benefit of education, training and research in the fields of otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery, and the relief of patients suffering from diseases of the ear, nose, throat and related areas."
Our mission is to:
- support and provide continuing education for specialists
- promote high standards in the training of specialists
- encourage and support research within the specialty
- improve the care available to patients suffering from conditions of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck
- encourage recruitment into the specialty
- promote understanding of the range of conditions treated by the specialty
- provide information on the specialty to the general public and media
- represent the specialty at the Royal Colleges of Surgeons and to government bodies.
Registered charity information
ENT UK is registered as a Company limited by Guarantee in England and Wales under Company No 06452601 and is registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales under Charity No 1125524. ENT UK is now VAT registered VAT No 215668302.