Indemnity cover for ENT UK members
It is important to ENT UK that members have access to suitable indemnity cover and protection. The availability of innovative and flexible cover is vital for the benefit of our members and the provision of high-quality clinical care for patients. As such, we have arranged for Howden Insurance Brokers Ltd. to provide a tailored Medical Indemnity Insurance scheme to ENT UK members. Their cover, including run-off cover, meets the demands of the modern surgical environment at competitive prices.
Howden Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Howden is the largest independent insurance broker in the UK. Its Health & Care division has over 40 specialists embedded within the healthcare sector, and understands its challenges. Howden provides ENT UK members with tailored insurance solutions that evolve to respond to the latest innovations and practices, with competitive and affordable premiums.
Unlike Mutual Defence Organisations (MDOs), Howden offers clients contract-certain Medical Indemnity policies rather than discretionary indemnity. This means that with Howden, should you have a claim, your right to be indemnified will be covered by an insurance policy. With an MDO, this right would be discretionary, governed by membership of your mutual.
What you will receive from a Howden Insurance policy:
- Competitive premiums
- Contract certain insurance policies
- 12-month Extended Reporting Period (ERP) for career breaks and 21-year ERP on death or retirement
- Unlimited retroactive cover – a Howden policy will cover you even if you have previously held insurance with an MDO
- Access to a 24/7 medico-legal helpline
- A friendly and experienced team who can guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more.
Howden’s services are available to any ENT UK member who wishes to use them. To find out more about how Howden can help you: